PDA

View Full Version : diesel expressions in fields

elise_moss
2005-02-17, 04:34 AM
I am trying to create a field using a diesel expression for papersize. The standard format for papersize is ANSI B - 17 INCHES X 11 INCHES. I just want the letter B.

The diesel expression should be $(substr,$(getvar,papersize),1,6)...but that doesn't work because papersize, while working as a field is not the system variable for the current sheet size.

Any ideas?

Mike.Perry
2005-02-17, 01:43 PM
Hi

From the references I have available (I don't currently have access to AutoCAD 2005), PaperSize does not exist as a system variable.

As far as I know the current paper size is not stored in a AutoCAD Environment or System variable, therefore is not retrievable via Diesel.

Have a good one, Mike

elise_moss
2005-02-17, 04:01 PM
MIke -

What you said is what I am finding, but I have to get confirmation from Autodesk before I totally throw in the towel. <g> I have asked one of my sources in the AutoCAD development group to look into it for me.

BTW, why do you have a 'Report Bad Post' in your profile box, but I don't?

Wanderer
2005-02-17, 04:09 PM
MIke -

What you said is what I am finding, but I have to get confirmation from Autodesk before I totally throw in the towel. <g> I have asked one of my sources in the AutoCAD development group to look into it for me.

BTW, why do you have a 'Report Bad Post' in your profile box, but I don't?
why, do you want to report yourself? :p

Mike.Perry
2005-02-19, 05:49 PM
Hi

What you said is what I am finding, but I have to get confirmation from Autodesk before I totally throw in the towel. <g> I have asked one of my sources in the AutoCAD development group to look into it for me.Have just been reading through some information on Fields, the book talks about a "Plot" Field Category and Field Names that are available under that category.

One of the Field Names is PaperSize.

Therefore can you not use that instead of the Diesel route?

Sorry I can not confirm the above myself until next weekend (26th - 27th February 2005), I will then be back in the UK where I have access to AutoCAD 2005.

BTW, why do you have a 'Report Bad Post' in your profile box, but I don't?Me, bad boy - yourself, good girl ;-)

Melanie's above "explanation" is the real reason.

Have a good one, Mike

elise_moss
2005-02-20, 08:22 PM
Are you stateside? I thought the AUGI BOD meeting was in January and June. <g>

You mean I can't rat myself out on my own posts...I sense disciminatory overtones against AUGI members with multiple personality disorders...can a class action lawsuit be far behind?

You are correct that you can use Papersize in a field, but you can't change the format (read my first post again)...I was hoping to use a diesel expression to change the format.