PDA

View Full Version : Wall schedules - help please...

scatter529359
2005-02-17, 11:21 AM
Ok. This is probably a simple problem, but i couldn't figure it out. Developing a simple country home dwelling. Using a stack wall - 110mm (brick) base; 250mm (110mm brick, 50mm cavity, 90mm timber stud) brick venner top - for exteriors and standard 90mm studs for internal.

I need to give the developer a schedule for costing, and the wall schedule lists the base of the stack wall and the top of it seperately, but I need to seperate the details of the actual veneer wall in the schedule and add them to the components in the schedule that make up the veneer wall (ie the brick and stud walls).

Help me obi-wan you are my only hope... :D

luigi
2005-02-17, 03:01 PM
I don't think you can, at this point, retrieve the size of a component of a wall (I could be wrong, I haven't studied 7.0 extensively yet)

If the veneer is the whole perimeter of the wall (which probably isn't the case), all you would need to add is an schedule component in the wall schedule, which would be a user imputed size (make sure it is a length item, not the default text) and enter the veneer size in all your wall types. Now all you need to do is create another item in the schedule which will do the multiplication (you may want to have an item that has the cost of the veneer, instead of using the default unit cost of the wall):roll:

scatter529359
2005-02-17, 04:10 PM
ack... that doesn't sound too good... :(

i would have thought it would have been an obvious inclusion.

heh... just realised, being a member of a message board for two years before posting has to set some kinda new all time lurking record. :D