PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Browser and Properties Boxes in Rebellion

BillB_UH92
2013-05-05, 07:49 PM
I have just downloaded my upgrade to Revit 2014; very excited EXCEPT the dialogue boxes for Browser and Properties insist on grabbing the full width of the screen. In my version 2012 and 2013 they would stay on the left side of the screen, and their width was easily adjusted with the cursor.

Somehow the right edge both these dialogue boxes now adheres to the right edge of the Revit window; in that position it has not been possilbe to grab with the cursor and adjust their width. At least it IS possible to click on the little blue bar at the top of each of these dialogue boxes, causing them to become narrow and "float"; then they can be adjusted and moved around the center of the screen easily; BUT when they touch the ribbon at the top, they grab the whole width of the screen and don't let go. They also do not click together - top to bottom - without grabing the full screen width. So unless they are floating free in the middle, they are taking the full screen width.

I have never had this problem with previous release - no idea why. It also seems like a problem a person could solve by experimenting with the cursor, but after 10 solid minutes I have not found a solution.

THANKS very much for any suggestions, this is driving me crazy.....

BillB_UH92
2013-05-05, 09:02 PM
Now it works...

I just noticed if you push the combined Browser/Properties window as far off the screen to the left as it can go, it seems to dock properly on the left side - the side, not the top (great!, Hooray....) I discovered this by trying to push the "floating" window all the way "off" the screen to where I could not see it. When it had almost disappeared off the screen, it clicked into place at the left side.

Now it is working almost as before.....