PDA

View Full Version : REVIT Topography in Artlantis

SkyWalker
2013-05-07, 05:50 PM
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and I joined here because of one problem that I have working with Revit!

So, the thing is I'm trying to put Revit 3d model in to the artlantis to make my visualization, but when i put it there, my topography is like one material, but in Revit i split few surfaces and changed their materials, but still in Artlantis it show that it's one big material. What i have to do to make my artlantis program recognize these materials?

I add these pictures you to see how it looks in revit and how it looks in artlantis when i render this model.

cdatechguy
2013-05-07, 05:54 PM
Artlantis probably doesn't recognize the split lines...you might want to cut up your topo in Revit instead into multiple pieces based on what material you want..

SkyWalker
2013-05-07, 06:12 PM
Wait... Didn't cache you there, how you meant that, to cut up my topo ?

cdatechguy
2013-05-07, 06:25 PM
Use the Split Surface command...and have multiple topo objects. I do this often so I can lower a topo below my roads (floors) and sidewalks (floors too) to show earth under them in sections.

SkyWalker
2013-05-07, 06:58 PM
Well i used split surface command there and each of those colors are different topos, and each of those i add different materials, but still artlantis makes it as one material, even i made one topo which was above all my topos but it still render it as one material.

Can i some how define each of those surfaces as different topographies or I don't know, some how make that topo as object or something, that it will be different from my topography and artlantis won't recognize it as one material.

cdatechguy
2013-05-07, 07:20 PM
If I remember Artlantis right....you can apply materials in the view...

SkyWalker
2013-05-07, 07:54 PM
You mean apply materials in Artlantis, right ? Well it is possible with one command there, but it splits my topo in thousand small peaces :D it will take forever to add materials there.

But it looks like that it is not possible to change topographies surfaces as a different material that Artlantis would recognize.