PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Phasing and Linked Files

chandel
2013-05-08, 03:49 PM
Hi All,

I'm having an issue with linked files and phasing. I have two files linked to one another... one is the base building, one is the tenant fit-up. Both files only have two phases "Existing" and "New Construction". I want the base building linked file to display as existing (halftoned) when linked into the tenant fit-up file. Phase mapping isn't working. The only way I can see to do it is to create a dummy "Tenant Fit-Up" phase in the base building file for phase mapping to work properly in the Tenant Fit-up file. This isn't the best option as I don't want things accidentally getting modelled under the "Tenant Fit-up" phase in the base building when it should just be "New Construction".

Is the proper/best way to do it? Is there a way to globally override a linked file to halftone? This is a multiple storey building with many fit-ups happening (all different Revit files with base building linked in), so I need a good way to manage this.

Thanks!

CADastrophe
2013-05-08, 04:23 PM
I believe that would be the way to go about it. There shouldn't be any issues that result from having the future phase in the base project - unless Views are setup for that phase, it should be very unlikely that anyone 'accidentally' creates or places elements on that phase.

If you really don't want to add that Phase, I suppose you could use a View Filter to force the 'existing' appearance upon the elements in the linked model. This will only work if the elements in the linked model are on a Workset with a different name than any of the Worksets in the host project. Set the rules for the filter to be "Workset Does not equal" and specify the Workset(s) that the elements in the Host Model belong to.