PDA

View Full Version : 2014 My toilet has dissapeared behind a hatch

wharvey_jones380653
2013-05-14, 10:30 AM
Hi, Im quite new to Revit. I have been trying to put a hatch over a bathroom. When I do the hatch covers the 3d elements such as the toilet and the shower. The only way I could get around it was to trace around these elements using the boundary trace tool. Is there an easier way of relocating the hatch to the back of the image and the 3d objects to the front? Thanks Will:)

jessica.146534
2013-05-14, 12:34 PM
This sounds like you are trying to show a flooring surface. You either have to trace around the elements in a hatch like you've already done, or set the floor surface properties to show a specific hatch. The hatch is an annotative elements and is therefore not associated with a work plane. In order to model a pattern to appear below your plumbing fixtures (and be associated with a work plane), you would have to draw a floor in that room and assign a surface pattern to it. You would have to do this for every different flooring type (ceramic tile, carpet, wood, etc.) and draw floors in each room in order for this to display properly. Hope this helps.

Mike L Sealander
2013-05-16, 01:14 AM
Or, set your toilet fixtures 1 inch (slightly) above the level, and your annotations should display beneath the fixtures.

dhurtubise
2013-05-16, 06:28 AM
2D elements(filled region or detail components for example) always show on top of your view.