PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Placing lighting fixtures on a modeled in place component....?

xzibited377538
2013-05-15, 07:55 AM
Hi, so I'm in the process of putting together a few concept renders - I've built some scissor trusses using the model in place component, I now want to fix some pendant lights to the trusses - I have read that this type of thing is possible but I don't quite understand the process - could someone please explain to me in laymans terms how I go about achieving this?

Thanks in advance.

jsteinhauer
2013-05-15, 02:02 PM
Depending on how the light fixture is built, you might need a ceiling to place it. Hopefully it is face based, try placing it in a 3D view. A lot of the OOTB light fixtures, will hang perpendicular to the face it was placed, so you might still see some goofyness, even if they are attaching to the underside of the truss. To get around this, you can model a basic Ceiling in narrow bands, where you want the light fixtures. Then in the camera view hide the ceiling elements, leaving the lights in place.

Hope this helps,
Jeff S.

xzibited377538
2013-05-15, 02:55 PM
Thanks alot - Seems a bit of a strange way of doing things but I had to take the second option and hide lots of little tiny ceiling squares into the trusses. Its not pretty but it works. :)

jsteinhauer
2013-05-15, 03:03 PM
If your light fixtures are on the same line/horizontal plane, make one ceiling bar. Many small ceilings could become a nightmare quickly. Sorry for not being clearer on that in my first post.

Cheers,
Jeff S.