PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Symbolic Lines on 45 degree cabinet

BillB_UH92
2013-05-19, 05:58 PM
Does anyone have the secret to draw symbolic lines (dotted lines for door swing) on the doors of a cabinet at 45 degrees (in plan) to the "Front, Back, Left and Right" views that come with a cabinet family?

In a view* that is parrallel to the cabinet door (45 degrees in plan), Symbolic Lines are not an option (agghhh!) - it is "grayed out" on the ribbon.

I tried rotating the entire family 45 degrees; that worked until I returned the cabinet to its original orientation (in plan) and Revit removed the lines.

Any suggestions would be welcome.... thanks

*a section parrallel to the door and looking towards it, I also tried using the view cube.

Alex Page
2013-05-20, 10:01 AM
Try nesting the door (with the lines in it) into the final family...

BillB_UH92
2013-05-20, 08:31 PM
That works - Thanks very much.
Any idea why they have this limitation?
Thanks again

Mike L Sealander
2013-05-21, 11:51 AM
I think your section view had no work plane associated with it, and therefore no plane to sketch on. You could create a reference plane at the 45-degree angle, name it, then sketch on it from your section view. However, I think symbolic lines only show up in views normal to the sketch plane.
I stopped using symbolic lines in casework, largely because we render views of our casework, so it made sense to model door pulls and whatnot.