PDA

View Full Version : Stair drafting question.

Exar Kun
2005-02-18, 02:15 AM
Is there anyway to make stair lines from floors above and below disappear entirely in plan views rather than become dashed (or, in the case of stairs below, remaining completely visible) as they do now. I've tried jumping the object styles but there is no decent way to make them vanish. I've tried white and no colour and there does appear to be anything in the line type pull down. Now, can I make the stair disappear once it is a certain level below the current plan? I am trying to do mulitple flights of stairs and they look odd when I'm at a level that has flights ascending and descending from it.

Thanks.

beegee
2005-02-18, 03:18 AM
Only by workarounds.

1. Risers beyond cut line of up flight can be controlled by using Object Styles with this category set to white lines.
2. That won't work for the stringers though ( ? ) They must be hidden using linework - invisible line.
3. The down flight, if its a separate stair, can be controlled by placing it in a workset and turning off the ws visibility.

Exar Kun
2005-02-18, 05:22 AM
Thanks mate. I got some funny results with the white lines but I think that may have been because the white lines were being displayed over the top of another flight of stairs.