PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Floor Finish Material to Room Tag

veyselacikel380729
2013-05-25, 12:45 PM
I'm tryin to get Room Tags' ''floor finish'' information from floor itself.First I'm creating architectural floor and creating it layers and choose the top one function as finishing and im assinging it material as ceramic for example.Then i create my room n tag it.In my tag there is a place for label that should show 'floor finish' but it doesnt show.I know that this information comes to room tag from room itself.But it would be really great to take this information from floor finish material so i can save a lot of time in big project.The same is also for wall finish.

I've tried to solve it with Shared Parameters but it doesnt work synchronized between Floor n Room.

Is there any suggestion for that?

Thans for helping.

Devin_82
2013-05-29, 12:03 AM
Nope, not an easy out of the box Revit way. You could program an addin that could do something like this, see http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=16777469 for some info to get you started.

Either way it presents a bit of a difficulty for how to tell Revit what info to portray. For example, you can have a room object in a space with 4 different floor finishes and 10 different wall finishes. how would you expect Revit to know which of those materials to include in the room object without specifically having to define it. I know it seems much more tedious this way, but you have control over the output and you don't have to deal with Revit trying to pick the wrong thing.

Sorry this wan't more helpful, just didn't want to leave you hanging in the forum with no responses.