PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Copying between linked projects not working as expected.

gustavomello
2013-05-27, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone, i'm a long time reader of this forum but it´s the first time creating a thread. The thing is i couldn´t find a answer to my problem.

I have 2 files (A and B) linked on a third one (host). I´ve published shared coordinates to both A and B from the host file. When i link B into A, it´s position is correct. The issue i´m having is when i try to copy some elements from B to A. I would expect these elements to paste on the correct position, which is not hapenning. The elements appears on a aparently random position. I´m using ctrl C and paste aligned to current view (aligned to same place is grayed out) , on views that exists in both files, to do this.

Below is how i made the sharing, just in case:
-opened host file;
-linked file A;
-moved file A to correct position;
-Published shared coordinates to file A using a specific name (building A);
-repeated the steps for file B with a specific name too (building B);
-saved everything and closed host file;
-opened file A and in location set the site to "building A", making it the current one;
-opened file B and in location set the site to "building B", making it the current one.

Thank you in advance and sorry if my english isn´t quite clear.

Gustavo

gustavomello
2013-05-29, 02:21 AM
I've tried other ways but no luck yet. Anyone knows if what i'm trying to acomplish is possible? Or i'm expecting too much?