PDA

View Full Version : 2012 T-shaped mullions join condition

damon.sidel
2013-05-28, 12:49 PM
I've created T-shaped mullion profiles and encountered a problem: I don't see any way to show how these would be coped at the joints. Any suggestions?

Devin_82
2013-05-28, 11:55 PM
in my experience, which isn't exhaustive regarding curtain mullions, there isn't really an easy way to do this. I can think of a few work arounds that might be a band-aide, but nothing native to Revit is coming to mind. The first idea would be to create a family that basically mimics the join condition and place them hosted to the face and aligned with the mullion grids. Obvious issues there, hard to keep them associated, your going to see the lines of the edges of the new family and ave to hide them in the elevation views with the line-work tool. Another option might be to ditch the millions all together and go with some repeating array based family that you can predefined spacing for and host it (or not) to the curtain wall. This could get pretty complicated pretty fast as far as making the family goes, pretty dependent on the complexity of the curtain grid at that point. Then there is a wall sweep, both vertical and horizontal, that should be able to join together. There are likely plenty of other work arounds, and likely better ones that this, but those are a few.

Mike L Sealander
2013-05-29, 01:52 AM
There should be two reference planes in your mullion profile that set the join boundary for perpendicular mullions. Set those reference planes to the face of the leg on the tee, and I think the abutting mullions will stop at the leg face. You will have an overlap of gemometry, but it will be closer to what you are showing now.

Dave Jones
2013-05-30, 07:56 PM
make two curtain wall types, one for the depth bar and one for the glazing bar. Make a curtain wall with the depth bar curtain wall and replace the curtain panels with the glazing bar curtain wall. Still not ideal but gets you still closer to the look that you want: http://screencast.com/t/2OaeODKQ3ZqX

damon.sidel
2013-05-30, 08:07 PM
Thanks everybody for your ideas. I'll check them out and see what works best for my particular set of criteria.