PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Two buildings, one project

WolffG
2013-05-29, 03:38 PM
I am setting up a new project for construction documents. The project consists of two apartment buildings.
The footprints and elevations are different. However, the major components (individual apartment plans, wall sections, schedules, most construction details, etc.) are identical.
The job will be issued as two separate sets of documents.
What is the most practical way to set the Revit files up to avoid as much redrawing as possible?

renogreen
2013-05-29, 08:51 PM
Normally I would do separate projects but since you are going to have a lot of views which are identical it might make sense to do it one project. You may have to do some creative sheet numbering. It also depends on how big the projects are and how much horsepower your computers have. If it's possible to bog down the computers than I would go with separate projects.

jsteinhauer
2013-05-29, 09:01 PM
This sounds like a job for 'Insert View from File'. If you stay away from live sections, you can copy drafting views over pretty easily. I would recommend not using any Graphic Overrides either, since these do not transfer.

If you choose to do this in one model, you're probably going to have to place a building identifier in front of your sheet number.

If you really wanted to get complex, you could model & annotate in two separate models, then link them into a third for your details & plot sheets.

Cheers,
Jeff S.