PDA

View Full Version : My kingdom for better area plans!

bowlingbrad
2005-02-18, 02:27 PM
Below is an example of an area plan that shows the dilema. I have a gross building area, and other room areas around it. Is there a way to change the display order of the areas so that I can show the room areas over the gross building area? Is there also a way to change the linetypes of the borders defining the different areas?

TIA,
Brad

luigi
2005-02-18, 03:23 PM
The area plan works in 2d, not 3d or planes above eachother, they aren't like autocad closed polylines.

The thickness of the line is controlled where all the lines are controlled from under line styles (or overridden in the view property under lines.......the line is called <Area Boundary> (you can change the color or linestyle as well)

bowlingbrad
2005-02-18, 05:55 PM
...line styles (or overridden in the view property under lines....

So, I am assuming that you can only have one linestyle? Can you make subcategories under that linestyle? For example: Gross Building Area, Common Area, Rentable Area.

Thanks for your help.
Brad

luigi
2005-02-21, 07:54 AM
The Area boundary is like a tool in itself, it is read like a line, but it is a specific object that cannot be replaced, and it looks like this command is still in need of development.

I am not sure if enough people suggested improvements in this command, but for what you are trying to achieve it would require a brand new command (and what I mean is that factory would have to re-create a new method of achieving areas). So far an area analysis is one view at a time.

When you have time you should write constructive suggestions to both the "wishlist" in this forum and send the same wishlist to Revit's support email.