PDA

View Full Version : 2014 How am I supposed to create a deployment on our Win 2003 server?

patricks
2013-05-31, 04:37 PM
I recall last year when creating the deployment for 2013 that I had to create the deployment directly on the server itself for it to run correctly on each workstation. For some reason if I created it on my workstation and specified the location on the server (using the mapped driver letter on my machine) the deployment would fail to be created.

So I just tried running the Revit 2014 setup.exe file, and after the splash screen saying "Initializing" it then said the operating system was not supported. I understand that 2014 no longer supports Windows XP, is that also the case with Windows Server 2003? And if so, how am I supposed to create the deployment?

We are planning to upgrade our server hopefully in the near future to 2008, but I'm not sure when that will happen.

tarmbruster
2013-06-01, 03:17 PM
We had same issue with BDS Premium
What I endded up doing was the following:
- completely disabled antivirus on any workstation in domain
- empty temp folder out of workstation and server (%temp%)
- disabled antivirus client on server
- created deployment to \\server\network install (with write access to folder)
- This process seemed work ok but took over two weeks to get a process nailed down with subscription support

patricks
2013-06-03, 01:08 PM
We had same issue with BDS Premium
What I endded up doing was the following:
- completely disabled antivirus on any workstation in domain
- empty temp folder out of workstation and server (%temp%)
- disabled antivirus client on server
- created deployment to \\server\network install (with write access to folder)
- This process seemed work ok but took over two weeks to get a process nailed down with subscription support

Dang man, I could just go ahead and manually install and configure all our seats in a day or so.

Wonder why the antivirus and temp folders have anything to do with it? Did you create the deployment from your workstation, writing to a folder on the server?

tarmbruster
2013-06-03, 07:18 PM
It failed no matter what way I made deployment (even if I just left all default settings, no repathing to server). I was given the link at bottom by autodesk support. Deployement was made on a workstation to a UNC path on server. User was a domain administrator and full access to folder.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/trend-micro-the-system-cannot-open-the-device-or-file-specified-setupdesignreview2013msi.html