PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Rotate tool - no need to drag the center point!

patricks
2013-06-03, 08:17 PM
I just discovered that when rotating an object, you only need to click once on the rotation center point to "pick it up" and then click again somewhere else to put it back down. All these years I thought you had to press/drag the rotation point (which also works). Has it always been this way?? Learn something new every day!

Steve_Stafford
2013-06-03, 09:19 PM
It showed up when they added the "Place" (Center of Rotation) button on the Options Bar in 2012 I think.

patricks
2013-06-03, 09:24 PM
lol yeah I also just noticed the Place button, and also that you can use the Spacebar to "pick up" the rotation point. Amazing! Can't tell you how many times I've clicked-dragged the center point while zoomed far out of a CAD site plan, then kept having to zoom in farther and farther and click-dragging to get it in just the right spot. This will be a big time saver for me. :)

Alfredo Medina
2013-06-03, 09:33 PM
lol yeah I also just noticed the Place button, ...
Too late to discover it in Revit 2013! Well, but now you can enjoy it for one full year in Revit 2014 as well. :)

MikeJarosz
2013-06-05, 09:47 PM
you can enjoy it for one full year in Revit 2014

Assuming Autodesk maintains their usual new release date sometime in April, make that 10 months.

rtaube
2013-06-06, 12:11 AM
An even faster way to rotate is to hit the space bar while in the rotate command, and it will automatically jump into "place center" mode. And the fastest method I've found is to hit R[space], which essentially jumps into rotate mode, and then into place center mode.