PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Sequencing Arrays

jvondeylen385130
2013-06-04, 06:59 PM
Is anyone aware of how to create a sequencing array? For instance, is it possible to not allow one array to happen until the other array happens first? Thank you for any help!

jsteinhauer
2013-06-04, 07:18 PM
That gets into some major formula writing, but it should be possible. Remember that you can't have an array of less than 2. You would have to have the array setup, but it's visibility controlled by as well.

Cheers,
Jeff S.

Steve_Stafford
2013-06-04, 07:46 PM
Have a look at the Buildz Blog (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Repeat+and+Divide+Buildz+Blog) for some possibilities using the Repeat and Divide concepts.

Alfredo Medina
2013-06-05, 10:27 PM
Is anyone aware of how to create a sequencing array? For instance, is it possible to not allow one array to happen until the other array happens first? Thank you for any help!

Some more information would be useful. What are you trying to do?

jvondeylen385130
2013-06-05, 10:41 PM
I am creating a ceiling panel and would like to make it so I can change the length of the panel as well as the number of horizontal members that are in the panel. Currently, the array that I have made for the horizontal members will not change lengths because it says it is over-constrained. I am curious if there is a way to get the horizontal member array to change lengths while still keeping a vertical array in place?

Alfredo Medina
2013-06-06, 07:50 PM
It is possible, but not using generic families and arrays. You need to use the generic adaptive template, and combine the use of these other 2 features: adaptive points and Divide & Repeat.