PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Locating an item on schedule

MikeJarosz
2013-06-10, 04:39 PM
I created a schedule of precast exterior panels. From the schedule, one of them doesn't look right. I would like to check that one item, but since there are hundreds of them, how can I find that one needle in the concrete haystack? It seems one system parameter, the Revit assigned ID, ought to be available in the list of schedule fields, but it's not.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Devin_82
2013-06-10, 04:56 PM
An option would be to use the Comment parameter and type some thing like"0 Find Me" and then sort or filter based on comment to either isolate it or push it to the top. Its a sloppy hack, but it should get it done. You can select the element by selecting by ID and then modify the properties without actually having to find the instance of that column in some random view. At least that seems like it should work... Might not meet your long term needs, but it might be a short fix until someone has a better solution.

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-06-10, 05:04 PM
Unfortunately the highlighting feature is only available one way with schedules i.e. you can select something in a schedule and it will highlight int eh model but you can't select it in the model and have it highlight in the schedule (wish list item me thinks!)
If none of the parameters in the properties palette do the trick for you the only thing I can think of is to add a 'Find Me' parameter to the object category, include it in the schedule and then add a value to the one panel you want to isolate. You should then be able to spot it easily in the schedule.

dkoch
2013-06-10, 05:13 PM
I created a schedule of precast exterior panels. From the schedule, one of them doesn't look right. I would like to check that one item, but since there are hundreds of them, how can I find that one needle in the concrete haystack? It seems one system parameter, the Revit assigned ID, ought to be available in the list of schedule fields, but it's not.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Does your schedule list one item per line? If so, you should be able to right-click on the item in the schedule and choose Show on the context menu. That should open a view that shows that item. This works for me with a door schedule in Revit Architecture 2012. Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-06-10, 05:34 PM
David,
That's the one way functionality I was referring to. I think Mike can 'see' the issue in the model but doesn't know which specific object it is in the schedule.
Or, after reading the OP again maybe you're right and we all misread what he was asking :Oops:

MikeJarosz
2013-06-10, 07:01 PM
Does your schedule list one item per line? If so, you should be able to right-click on the item in the schedule and choose Show on the context menu. That should open a view that shows that item. This works for me with a door schedule in Revit Architecture 2012. Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

That is what I wanted. It worked, thanks. I didn't think to check the context menu. As for the reverse direction, wouldn't it be nice if hovering over an object displayed more parameter info than the object name?

However, this brings to light the fact that the object ID is not offered as a schedule field......and it should be.