PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Adding a corner to storefront and getting an error

bwilliams133
2013-06-10, 10:36 PM
Once again, I figured I could find this answer on one forum or another, but haven't found it yet. So hopefully you can help. I have the out of the box storefront, adding some interior storefront. I want a 5"x5" corner mullion where they meet. I've tried to delete one of the two storefront walls and redraw it a couple of times and that doesn't help. When I try to place the corner mullion, I'm getting an error "A Corner Mullion has been placed at the end of a Curtain Wall that is not joined to another Curtain Wall. The angle of the Corner Mullion will default to 90 degrees." Storefront has been a bit of a mystery to me, but I don't remember anything like this before. Can someone help me figure out how to add the 5"x5" corner? In the real world, the glass should be able to to right into this and I have a perfect aluminum corner. You can probably tell from my lack of description that I simply don't really understand where to start beyond doing a search for similar topics.

Thanks!

gbrowne
2013-06-11, 01:01 PM
Are the blue grips of the glazing wall lines touching at the junction?

bwilliams133
2013-06-11, 02:11 PM
Yes. If I understand you correctly, I do have the corners stacked, touching etc...regular walls would join at that point, but these aren't.

patricks
2013-06-11, 02:37 PM
So you trimmed the 2 storefront walls together to make sure the endpoints coincide. Are they at right angles to each other? If not you'll need to use some other corner mullion family than the square one.

bwilliams133
2013-06-11, 08:38 PM
Yep. They are at a 90 degree angle to one another. I've not used this component much, but when I have, I don't remember it being this difficult. I'm just trying to install the out of the box 5"x5" corner mullion. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

sarah215129
2013-06-12, 06:17 PM
At the end of the wall left click over the blue dot. Make sure it says "allow join." That could be the problem.

bwilliams133
2013-06-17, 10:33 PM
Nope, only the "disallow join" pops up, so they should be able to join without any problems. I think I'm just going to delete both of these out and redraw them. They are short walls, so it's not too big of a deal. Hopefully I just did something accidentally that is creating a problem and starting over will fix it.
However, if anyone has additional thoughts, please let me know. I had added and deleted a corner mullion several times trying to get it to work, so perhaps something got messed up in that process.

gbrowne
2013-06-19, 03:36 PM
Are they both the same level & phase?

bwilliams133
2013-06-19, 05:01 PM
Yep - same level, same phase.