PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Hide Category work on 2 elevations, not on the other 2

bwilliams133
2013-06-17, 10:37 PM
We're running into an odd snag on our elevations. When we want to hide something on our views, for example reference planes, on the South and East elevations I can click on one reference plane and right click then select "hide category". On the North and West elevations, when we do the same thing, only the "hide element" is clickable. The "hide category" is grayed out. We've just been clicking on all the elements and hiding them one by one, but now I have a dozen grid lines and I don't want to waste time clicking each one when I know it's supposed to work better.

Does anyone know what might be the problem? I'm wondering if it's some type of setting? Thanks.

rob.127056
2013-06-18, 01:02 PM
Do you already have reference planes turned off in Visibility Graphics and are trying to hide them with Reveal Hidden Elements on?
This will cause just “hide element” to appear and not “hide category”.
Otherwise can you just turn off reference planes in Visibility Graphics in each view?

Alfredo Medina
2013-06-18, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know what might be the problem? ...We've just been clicking on all the elements and hiding them one by one...Set the display of one elevation properly, turning off by category. Then, create a view template. Then, apply that view template to all your elevations, all at once.

bwilliams133
2013-06-18, 02:13 PM
No, we don't have anything turned off in the visibility graphics. I just used reference planes as an example. It doesn't seem to matter what the object is, if I selected the doors and wanted to "hide category", it still only brings up the "hide element" selection.

rob.127056
2013-06-18, 02:23 PM
This sounds like you have a view template assigned to some of the views?

bwilliams133
2013-06-18, 02:28 PM
Alfredo,
That was it! My co-worker, who is new to Revit, had applied a view template to 2 of the elevations, and not the other two. What ever the setting was on that template it was keeping us from selecting "hide category". Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm not an advanced user myself, so I just didn't know what direction to look in and what might be affecting it. All I could come up with was that it was something in V/G and I had looked there prior to posting my question.