PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Revit Architecture - Help with Phasing

ROBP-RDS
2013-06-18, 06:09 PM
Please provide tips on using the phasing tools in Revit. I would like to create an existing plan, demo plan, and proposed plan. I create three plan views and everything works well until I do the demo drawing. After the demo drawing I cant seem to get the existing plan to work again (it will have missing walls that I demolished in the last step). I did a project in the past where I created a CAD file of the original layout and used it for my existing plan then I did my demo and proposed plan as normal.

Thanks,
Rob

cdatechguy
2013-06-18, 06:28 PM
Existing plans will use Phase: Existing & Phase Filter (Show All or Complete)
Demo Plans use Phase: New Construction & Phase Filter: Show Previous and Demo
Proposed Plans use Phase: New Construction & Phase Filter: Show Previous and New

You want to be sure you only have those two phases (you can add more before or after, but that's for other stuff)...you don't create a "Demo" phase. Be sure that you do create different floor plan views to reflect the phase and phase filter you want to see and work only in those views.

CADastrophe
2013-06-18, 06:39 PM
In case it helps, my typical setup consists of three Views per floor/area - Existing, Demolition, and New Work, with the settings below. (which is pretty much what cdatechguy has stated).

View Name

Phase

Phase Filter

Purpose

Existing

Existing

Show Complete

Placement of ALL
Existing Elements

Demolition

New Construction

Show Previous
+ Demo

Existing Elements to be
marked as Demolished

New Work

New Construction

Show Previous
+ New

Placement of ALL
New Elements

The important part of the proceedure is that all existing elements are drawn/created in the 'Existing Views' and then I follow through with designating the appropriate elements as demolished on the 'Demo Views'.

Edit: New elements inherit the phase of the current View and are never automatically assigned a "Phase Demolished" value. This means that elements created in the "Demo View" will be created in the "New Construction" Phase without a "Phase Demolished" and be treated as new, thus vanishing instantly.

ROBP-RDS
2013-06-18, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the help and info. I appreciate it.

Take care,
Rob