PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Sloooooooowww rendering

gsteffen642486
2013-06-20, 09:34 PM
Is/has anyone having problems with very slow rendering? I mean I have it set for draft and it is taking 10+ minutes to get 15% done. Any ideas? Computer is an I7 with 2 gig of video and 16 gig ram. Also I did not have this problem 2 weeks ago when I was rendering a lot of different stuff.

cdatechguy
2013-06-20, 09:42 PM
I never use the default settings....use Custom and modify what you want to see and the effects you care about. So for a draft you can disable the light bounce and ease off of shadows, etc. But remember that Revit rendering is processor driven, not video or ram....check to see if you got something else running on the side that is chugging away on your processor.

adham
2013-06-24, 07:04 PM
yea. depends what you are rendering the depth of materials the size and amount of objects...the complexity of the objects...also graphics and ram are not the competing factor in revit rendering. revit is all about core speed. a laptop i7 running at 2.3ghz is nothing compared to a desktop i7 running 3.4ghz.

things to speed up any rendering.

are you Interior or exterior (dont use daylight if you dont have windows.)
Set up lighting groups and only use the groups included in view
use section box to limit the amount of geometry (revit sees the whole model...even if you are interior and in a room)

MikeJarosz
2013-06-24, 10:06 PM
Your post gives no clue how experienced you are in rendering. Rendering is the most computationally intensive task you can throw at a computer. In other words, rendering is inherently slow. Today's machines and new algorithms have speeded things up considerably. I know a graduate of the Cornell School of Architecture who did his first ray trace in the 80's. That rendering took two WEEKS of processor time! I did a kitchen design that I wanted a high quality print rendering in Revit 2012. That took a weekend on a 64 bit Dell with lots of memory.

A quality rendering is an expensive item: expensive in the sense of time and effort. It's something you can afford only on special occasions.