PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Problem with Browser/Properties windows not docking

konetarchitecture
2013-06-21, 01:07 AM
I just opened two separate projects in Revit Architecture 2014 and the Properties window and the Project Browser Window will not dock. When I double click on the top tab of each one, it will expand in width to the full width of my screen. What happened? I recently upgraded from 2013 to 2014. Is this a 2014 glitch??? Please help.

Steve_Stafford
2013-06-21, 01:49 AM
The way you dock the windows in 2014 is a little fussy. If you dock the Project Browser on the side of the screen first you can click on the title bar of the Properties Palette, drag it on top of the title bar of the Project Browser. When you hover over the title bar you should see a ghost of a "tab" at the bottom of the browser window. When you see that Revit will dock the palette in the same window as the browser. When you double click on the active tab of the docked windows it will "pop" out of the docked condition. You can put this anywhere on screen and resize it. If you double click on the title bar of the "popped out" window it will return to the docked position.

psimon366791
2013-07-13, 12:03 PM
"When I double click on the top tab of each one, it will expand in width to the >>>>>>>>>>>>>full width of my screen. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<"

Step one is to get the windows to dock at the left edge of the screen, and they won't. I can get them to dock at the top or bottom all day long.

>>>>>>>>>> If you dock the Project Browser on the side of the screen first<<<<<<<<<<< This is the part that's impossible to do.

psimon366791
2013-07-13, 12:17 PM
"When I double click on the top tab of each one, it will expand in width to the >>>>>>>>>>>>>full width of my screen. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<"

Step one is to get the windows to dock at the left edge of the screen, and they won't. I can get them to dock at the top or bottom all day long.

>>>>>>>>>> If you dock the Project Browser on the side of the screen first<<<<<<<<<<< This is the part that's impossible to do.

A-HA!! "Disconnect projector". I could not get a window to dock on the side of the screen until I disabled multiple monitors. After doing that, they dock just as advertised.

jhansen.143877
2013-12-09, 06:48 PM
So what if you work with two monitors all the time? Can you not dock the Browser & Properties windows on the side?

sbaron460779
2013-12-10, 07:14 PM
I just ran into this problem this morning and have a solution (worked for me at least)! To clarify, my problem was that the properties and project browser windows would only dock on the top or bottom of the screen, but not to the left side. I use two monitors, so the suggestion of clicking "disconnect projector" probably wouldn't work for my situation. I randomly just opened my keynotes legend and was immediately able to dock the windows to the left in this view. Then I clicked back to the previous view (a floor plan) and it was still docked to the left. Problem solved!

carl.lowrey
2014-05-13, 09:09 PM
Had the same issue this morning when starting up. As above, the solution was to open a schedule which then allowed me to dock the Project Browser left. Okay from then on.

wscottanderson649975
2014-05-15, 04:24 PM
Ran into this and I could not get these tips to work at first.
For some reason I tried grabbing the Browser window at its FAR RIGHT, and pushing it nearly off the screen to the left.

Then it Docked.

mrgalfield691294
2015-02-04, 02:10 AM
This really works with me! this's from AUGI forum I copied

Spaceplannerca
2016-02-20, 01:46 AM
I just opened two separate projects in Revit Architecture 2014 and the Properties window and the Project Browser Window will not dock. When I double click on the top tab of each one, it will expand in width to the full width of my screen. What happened? I recently upgraded from 2013 to 2014. Is this a 2014 glitch??? Please help.

It is just the window frame parameter snaps are very touchy
You can easily dock in one monitor or multiple monitor mode (any time in any work window) by hovering on the menu bar you want to dock to.

Move your browser and property panels to the middle of the plan view (work screen) screen. size them so they fit all the way inside the work plane.
Dock them together by grabbing one at the menu bar and hover it around the left, top, and right, edges of the other until you see the gray snap outline with separated tabs at the bottom of the panel. Let it go when you see the gray snap outlines that you want. It happens when you get the snap over-ride to induct itself.

Now grab both by the title bar and do the same basic thing by hovering between the title bar and the left or right window plane. You can dock on the left or the right side of the work screen by letting go when the gray snap lines appear.

Bennett21
2017-05-25, 09:50 AM
I just ran into this problem this morning and have a solution (worked for me at least)! To clarify, my problem was that the properties and project browser windows would only dock on the top or bottom of the screen, but not to the left side. I use two monitors, so the suggestion of clicking "disconnect projector" probably wouldn't work for my situation. I randomly just opened my keynotes legend and was immediately able to dock the windows to the left in this view. Then I clicked back to the previous view (a floor plan) and it was still docked to the left. Problem solved!

Same problem here by the looks.. dual monitor and it just would not dock to the left. As sbaron460779 stated, open any schedule and try to dock it whilst in the schedule and it will go! Cheers :)