PDA

View Full Version : disappearing dimension string

studioCJF
2003-11-07, 06:18 PM
I was dimensioning a drawing today and when i got to one particular spot in the drawing a portion of the string would disappear. But if I span over that area without selecting anything within that area the string shows fine. It's only when I select an item related to a certain section of wall. Why is this happening and how do I fix it :?:

another observation when I highlight the dim string it shows a lock symbol for the area that is blank. also its not just the number that is missing its the line between tick marks as well.... I've tried moving the string to another area of the drawing and that segment is still blank it does'nt even ghost like if I had turned of the visability setting.

Has anyone had this happen before :?: :?: :?: I'm stumped :?

Clark

Allen Lacy
2003-11-07, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure about the lock symbol, but is it possible that the wall in question is not parallel to the other objects you're dimensioning to?

sbrown
2003-11-07, 07:12 PM
I've had this happen, the witness line is dim. to an object that is turned off, I'm not sure why it lets you dim to it but thats whats happening, if there is another object there dim to it or just draw a detail line to dim to.