PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Replace wall siding without wall appearing as 'demolished'??

skyeg3206316
2013-06-21, 11:47 PM
This seems simple enough but I cannot figure out how to do it. I have two phases in my project, existing and new construction. There is a wall that is existing that will be getting new siding but the framing of the wall will be staying. So for rendering and graphical purposes the appearance of the wall needs to change phase to phase but I don't want that wall appearing as 'demolished' in plan views.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Kohl
2013-06-24, 11:14 AM
Model your wall finish separately from your structural wall.

Duncan Lithgow
2013-06-24, 05:07 PM
Joshua is right.

skyeg3206316
2013-06-29, 08:12 AM
Thats more work than I was hoping for.. Thanks tho

rosskirby
2013-07-01, 01:47 PM
If you're using 2013 or later, you can enable "parts" for the walls that need to have specific components demolished, and set different phases for each part as necessary. Then, for the new construction, you just have to add 1 new siding "finish" wall on the outside of the existing walls.

davidcobi
2013-07-01, 05:21 PM
There are many ways, but Parts is probably the easiest way.
If for some reason you don't like using Parts and you want Revit to swap out materials you could do this with an infill wall:

Model in-place a wall category void in an as-built view
Cut into the as-built wall the thickness of your finish and in the shape you want in elevation
Finish the in-place family and set the phase created and phased demo'd to as-built making it temporary to the as-built view
Duplicate your wall type changing only the finish
Change the wall type of the infilling wall that results to your new finish wall type (but any wall type can work)
Set the phase created and phased demo'd of the in-place void to New Construction (only after having changed the wall type)

Your as-built view should now show the old finish and the proposed view should now show the new finish
Not sure I would trust material takeoffs with this one, but it's another way.

skyeg3206316
2013-07-01, 06:21 PM
If you're using 2013 or later, you can enable "parts" for the walls that need to have specific components demolished, and set different phases for each part as necessary. Then, for the new construction, you just have to add 1 new siding "finish" wall on the outside of the existing walls.

Ah I knew Revit would address this at some point. Thanks for the tip.

mathew.taylor71396995
2013-07-04, 06:46 AM
I am agreed with dduarte. He gave the good option and solution to do but it depends on you which one you will use.