PDA

View Full Version : exporting linked RVT files to DWG....

davidwlight
2005-02-19, 01:54 AM
I posted this reply to a question regarding DWG export quality in the "Out There" forum. But I've decided to post in here too, because I wandered if anybody else has encounter this. Try the following:-

Create a simple model; walls & roof & save its as house type 1.
Do a saveas of house type 1 & call it house type 2, make a couple of changes to house type 2.
Start a new RVT file & link in both house type 1 & 2. Copy them around a couple of times and also mirror a couple.
Create a new sheet & place north & south elevations on the sheet.
Then export the sheet to DWG.
Open up the resulting DWG in Autocad or LT........is everybody else getting a DWG mess?

chris.hitchcock.nz
2005-11-07, 09:30 PM
Yes i am too, i have a SITE drawing with 4 or 5 linked rvt files a house, mirrored house, units and multiple copies of a town house for a medium density development. It looks great in revit, but alas i need it for 3d Studio MAX 8.0 and that can only import it as a dwg.
Same deal, bring it in to Autocad to rationalise layering, and everything is everywhere at an average quality model. Any solutions would be appreciated. I had originally modelled it all in one rvt file, and had much better exports.

sbrown
2005-11-07, 10:15 PM
try checking the box that creates it as one file instead of xrefs, I just exported a site plan with 7 bld types, 23 instances, topo etc and it worked great with the combined option.

sbrown
2005-11-07, 10:25 PM
I just did the same model using the xrefs and it worked great too. so I'm not sure why you are having the problem. have you relocated your project or rotated to true north? That could cause issues(shouldn't, but could).