PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Find which link a window lives in

damon.sidel
2013-06-27, 05:29 PM
I'm creating a window schedule and since I have my envelope in a few pieces that are linked in, the schedule is showing all windows including those in links.

Is there a way to figure out which link a particular window comes from in the schedule? I'm trying to standardize the windows and there are a few that are the wrong size or name or type or whatever, but I don't know where they are.

Thanks!

Steve_Stafford
2013-06-27, 05:31 PM
A schedule can also report linked file information. When you are choosing the parameters you want to see in the schedule look at the bottom of the dialog, you can change what the available parameters are from.

damon.sidel
2013-06-27, 05:39 PM
I have it reporting linked file information, that's not the problem.

Let's say I want all my windows to be squares: 2x2m. But there is a window in one of the links that is 1.8 x 2m by mistake. I have nine links in my model where that 1.8m wide window could be, but I don't know which link it's in. When I select the row and choose "Show", Revit can't find a good view, even though I have a 3d view showing all windows.

Steve_Stafford
2013-06-27, 06:29 PM
I don't think you are following me... If you look at the two images maybe it will help. You can schedule the RVT Link information and see which link which windows are in.

damon.sidel
2013-06-27, 06:37 PM
I don't think you are following me...

You're right! I wasn't following you. I had never used the "Select available fields from:" drop-down before and it didn't even register. Thank you, that's exactly what I needed.