PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Revision Cloud Quantity

david_peterson
2013-06-30, 06:21 PM
Not that I need this for any real project work, but I had a thought while I was creating revision clouds on a current project.
If I wanted to know how many grids I have in the project I could select on and then use the select all instances in entire project (I'm well over 400 currently)
What I'm wondering is if there's a way to schedule revision clouds to get a quantity.
ie I want to know how many revision clouds I've drawn (total) for all revision sequences.
Why is this important you ask.
Well I just wanted to point out at our next meeting how many I've had to draw. It's one of those things like concrete volume or steel tonnage.
Just a metric that I can use to justify my complaint about the number of revisions I have to make on this project.
Thanks in advance.

Revitaoist
2013-07-01, 04:39 PM
Select all works with the revision tags.

david_peterson
2013-07-01, 04:47 PM
Man am I and idiot. I should have thought of that.
We used the ideate explorer add on and go it. I must have missed some tags somewhere cause I got more clouds than tags.
Now what I really want to know is how many rev cloud "arcs" I've created. at 3000+ rev clouds, and I'm guessing any where between 20-30 picks per clouds....
Man do I hate how that tool works. It really makes the old RSI kick back in.

Steve_Stafford
2013-07-01, 04:57 PM
Case offers an app to export (http://www.apps.case-inc.com/content/free-revision-cloud-data-export-text-file) a report of revision clouds.