PDA

View Full Version : Revit Architecture

dmcook378696
2013-07-01, 02:12 PM
For some reason, every wall/line drawn on my First Floor plan, even those that go up to the roof level, do not show up in my Second Floor plan, even using an underlay. I've checked VG and everything seems to be correct, and it only happens with this First Floor. How can I fix this?

cdatechguy
2013-07-01, 03:42 PM
For some reason, every wall/line drawn on my First Floor plan, even those that go up to the roof level, do not show up in my Second Floor plan, even using an underlay. I've checked VG and everything seems to be correct, and it only happens with this First Floor. How can I fix this?
Phase filter set wrong in your view properties?

gbrowne
2013-07-02, 10:01 AM
Detail line rather than model line?

MikeJarosz
2013-07-02, 10:07 PM
The difference between model line and detail line is that model lines go into the model and thus are seen everywhere. Detail lines go into the view you draw them in and are never seen anywhere else. This is called view dependency. It is a feature of Revit, and you will learn to love it!!!

Many other Revit objects are view dependent. Get used to it. It is your friend. :-)

scourdx
2013-07-05, 04:31 AM
I rarely use underlay. Half the time the underlay shows correctly and half the time the object didn't show up. I would draw reference plane and draw your wall following your reference plane.

Steve_Stafford
2013-07-05, 04:57 AM
Sounds like a thread created at RFO too, it was View Range in that one. I wrote this there:

It could be a few things...

View Underlay - Check the underlay setting to see if the view is showing the other level
View Range - Check this to see if it is limited to the correct level and reasonable cut plane, top and bottom offsets.

View Associate Level - Look at the Associated Level parameter in the Properties Palette, this should make the intended level the view is named for.

I see the last one quite a bit. When people copy a view and then rename it, renaming a copy of Level 1 to Level 2 does NOT create view based on Level 2, it is locked into the original Level, Level 1 in this case. A new view must be created as a copy of a view associated with the correct level or by using the View ribbon > Plan View > choosing the correct plan view type and level.

If those aren't the culprit we'll need more clues.