PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Room Tag/ Occupancy Tag Help

galmquist387974
2013-07-10, 03:25 PM
Please see attached image. I made the Room Tag family that shows the Occupancy Number (it's still labeled Volume) and I want that number enclosed by a rectangle as shown. However, when I turn off the Occupancy Number I want the box to turn off as well. Is this possible?
Thanks!

dhurtubise
2013-07-10, 03:49 PM
Just attach the "box" to the same visibility parameter as the label.

galmquist387974
2013-07-10, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty new at this. How do I attach it? Is that done in the family file under "shared parameters"?

dhurtubise
2013-07-10, 04:26 PM
Select all the lines and look for Visible in the Properties palette. To the right you will see a very small button, click it.
This will allow you to create a new Visibility parameter

galmquist387974
2013-07-10, 04:41 PM
Excellent! Thank you so much!

cganiere
2013-07-10, 05:39 PM
Add a "yes/no" parameter, group it under "graphics" and use it to control visibility of both items.

galmquist387974
2013-07-11, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys. Along that same line, I would like the room occupancy number of the tag show up only in the egress plan and not in the regular floor plan. Is that possible or do I need to create a different tag for each view/sheet? When I turn off the room occupancy number in the regular floor plan, it turns off in the egress plan as well.

jsteinhauer
2013-07-11, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys. Along that same line, I would like the room occupancy number of the tag show up only in the egress plan and not in the regular floor plan. Is that possible or do I need to create a different tag for each view/sheet? When I turn off the room occupancy number in the regular floor plan, it turns off in the egress plan as well.

You don't need to create a different tag, just a different TYPE of that tag. From the project browser, right click on the tag's family type and duplicate it. Now modify the new type's properties as needed. If you made the visibility control type based, you create a type with that setting turned on, and another with that setting turned off. If you already populated them in a view and need to change it to the other one, select one, right click and select all instances in view. In your egress plans you'll want to do the same thing, except change it to the one with the Occupancy number turned on.

Cheers,
Jeff S.