PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Adjusting Existing vs. New Construction displays in different views

vanderloo5
2013-07-12, 05:58 PM
In my residential remodel project I want my existing walls, in my existing floor plan, to display heavier just like the new construction walls.
(Because there are no new construction walls in the existing view)
I only want them, (the existing walls), to display lighter in the new construction view so my new walls stand out.
How do I accomplish this?
Thank You

bbeck
2013-07-12, 06:39 PM
In my residential remodel project I want my existing walls, in my existing floor plan, to display heavier just like the new construction walls.
(Because there are no new construction walls in the existing view)
I only want them, (the existing walls), to display lighter in the new construction view so my new walls stand out.
How do I accomplish this?
Thank You

If your view property is set to "existing" and your geometry (walls) are "existing" you should see exactly what you describe provided your "phase filters" haven't been changed (or set to "none"). Hard to describe in writing, at least for me, stop by our office during lunch one day and I can show you.

vanderloo5
2013-07-12, 07:39 PM
Thanks Brian.
Might take you up on that.
Unfortunately I'm not able to bring it down on my laptop because the new 2014 Revit won't run on Windows xp.
So I either find a tricky way to save to 2013 or keep it in the office.
Phil