PDA

View Full Version : Renders and Phases

MartyC
2003-11-08, 03:00 AM
Pdf presentation with a couple renderings.

This simple little project has all sorts of phasing in the model and is my first where existing building was fully modelled, demo phases, new bits and staged completion in phases; and yes folks, I figure it took half the time for design and full CDs as equvalent job in Acad. I found it interesting as the project is quite complex and small in scale, and still the process works well.

Feel free to comment/question.

Cheers
M

beegee
2003-11-08, 03:23 AM
Nice neat reworking Marty.

The (main) image , on the right, might benefit from a tree (or the existing tree ) being shown. But you're probably not wanting to hide any of the detail for the client.

What does the solid (fireplace like ) element do ? Could it have some small square openings or even a skillion roof floating over it ?

I like it though and I'm sure the client should too. Its a vast improvement on the box that it was.

MartyC
2003-11-08, 04:39 AM
Sorry guys n gals,

attached plan pdf might make a little more sense of the images.

The client had a veeery limited budget, and the house itself has all the living areas at the upper floor with the garage and nothing on the lower floor (apart from pool table and bar........wow!). The bit at the front is actually the entry stair well, a tiny double height foyer.

Not my finest work :wink: but just to show Revit on a small job.

Cheers M

PeterJ
2003-11-08, 12:55 PM
Nice bit of work.

This is a rather pedestrian comment, but in the middle of the night a fire breaks out in the kitchen (source of most domestic fires here) do you jump from the bedroom window or run past the flames emerging from the open kitchen. Here that layout would be difficult to get approval for.

And for beegee, what is a skillion roof?

beegee
2003-11-08, 11:09 PM
And for beegee, what is a skillion roof?

A monopitch roof.

A roof with a single slope from eaves to ridge.

Also a smaller lower pitched roof extending from a main roof.