PDA

View Full Version : revit training - best combination?

pmcalhoun
2005-02-21, 04:20 PM
We got Revited! Our main office bought several seats of Revit and now 3 of our studios are trying it out. We want to do this right, so we feel training is in order. Aside from the tutorials, we're looking into professional training.

We're in Southeastern Michigan and have a few options for companies offering training. Our local reseller doesn't offer much yet, so were willing to travel a bit to make this happen.

What's your experience with different resellers training programs? We'll be willing to travel to Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, etc. if necessary.

Has anybody had experience with bringing in an Autodesk consultant?

aaronrumple
2005-02-21, 04:28 PM
Autodesk implementation is I think running about $20,000. However it is very complete. There are a couple of resellers in Chicago. However one of the bigger ones (which I worked for) has trainers more experianced in ADT than Revit. Shop around - make sure they really know Revit.

studioCJF
2005-02-21, 06:07 PM
Aaron

which reseller did you work for?

Scott_Bloss
2005-02-21, 07:19 PM
The Autodesk Revit Training is also very good about 2,000.00 per day but well worth it. I have also completed Revit training with CDV Systems which was very good as well.

pmcalhoun
2005-02-21, 07:30 PM
Is the Autodesk Implementation a good way to get the whole office up and running once we've bought the software and decided to switch over?

Would this be a better way to get people up to speed instead of sending a few at a time to reseller training?

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-21, 07:34 PM
Training is one thing, implementations are another. Some resellers (like us) have put together a roadmap to take people thru - so they know what they have to learn, even if deadlines mean putting off formal training of some features.

Training without an implementation is much less valuable, and less likely to succeed.

Scott_Bloss
2005-02-21, 08:38 PM
I would tend to agree with Wes. Getting the implemenation completed is just as important as the training. We have few resellers around here that offer both.You need to have your office stanards setup so when you are ready to convert the eitire office over everything is ready to go, this will make the transition as smooth as possible. I would reccommend going either to Autodesk or CDV for the complete package. Both are very good.