PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Elevation / Section Force Opaque Glazing

Limbatus
2013-07-15, 10:04 PM
92884Why do my window and door families display with an opaque fill? I set up my windows with face based sashes so that i can open them up, but look at the elevations and sections. even when the windows are open, the space is filled with solid gray. why is this? also, how can i get transparency to display in my elevations?

mbalsom
2013-07-16, 08:21 AM
In your door and window families select the "opening" then in the options bar check "transarent in elevation" that will fix your solid fill issue.
This is not checked by default, don't know why, it catches everybody out
The glass you can't make transparent in elevation. only option is to turn off "glass" in "Windows"/"Visability Graphics" or create yourself a 3D elevation in which case the glass will be transparent.

damon.sidel
2013-07-16, 06:23 PM
Wow, I've been looking for that setting for YEARS! Thanks Limbatus for asking, thanks mbalsom for responding.

Steve_Stafford
2013-07-16, 06:40 PM
Drafting tradition is that exterior building elevation drawings do not also show what is inside a building as it can be confusing. That's why Revit's content is configured this way.

damon.sidel
2013-07-16, 09:26 PM
Drafting tradition is that exterior building elevation drawings do not also show what is inside a building as it can be confusing. That's why Revit's content is configured this way.

And most of the time, drafting tradition is great. However, it's nice to have tools for the exceptions. :)