PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Floor (or Ceiling) Protrudes Past Roof

nickedemus
2013-07-16, 01:03 PM
How can I represent this condition in Revit:

I can use a sweep for the curved part, but the problem is the floor protrudes through the top of the roof in my sections (and in the 3D model). See Drawing:

I've tried modeling it with a ceiling, too, but I have the same problem. Is there some way to trim this bit so that it does not pop up over the roof?

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-07-16, 08:19 PM
You can edit your floor sketch to pull it inside the roof.
Model the ceiling finish separately from the structure and control extents that way.
Since the ceiling structure is essentially acting as the bottom chord of your roof framing (it won't be able to bear on your exterior walls) you could also model it as a truss.
If you want the floor sketch to remain where it is you could add a void sweep as a slab edge to cut the top of the framing off and then model the curved vault as a separate sweep.
So many possibilities it just depends on how you want to use the objects and if they might be changed downstream.

dhurtubise
2013-07-17, 07:58 AM
If you want to use a Roof, use a Roof by Extrusion and attach the wall to it. If you want to use a ceiling, use an InPlace ceiling and edit the wall profile.