PDA

View Full Version : Arched opening in Curved wall??

adamalder3
2005-02-21, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know any ticks to create a arched opening in a curved wall?

Scott D Davis
2005-02-21, 06:53 PM
It's gotta be done with an inplace family void. If you want a quick solution, draw a simple void extrusion in an arch shape, and cut the wall with it. In this case, the opening in plan will be parallel to the centerline of the radius wall. (the 'endcaps' of the opening will not be square with the wall)

If you want the endcaps square to the wall face, then you will need to draw an inplace family void blend, with a larger arch blending into a smaller arch, and the blend will need to be adjusted to make the opening 'square'. The only drawback to this is that the arched portion is angled relative to the ground plane.

See attached image....

adamalder3
2005-02-21, 09:10 PM
Thanks That worked great!

khoi
2007-09-14, 05:20 AM
Hi Scott Davis
I have some problem when draw shape with wall , can you send for me your Revit samples files.
Thank

dpasa
2007-09-14, 05:29 AM
Very nice solution using blend... Didn't think of that for my project

khoi
2007-09-15, 03:22 AM
Hi
I could do with mass but I cut wall with void curve shape it can't , option 2: start with mass only , when finish mass then I convert it to curwall with curve opening it turn to curve wall only ( without curve opening ).
:-( ,I'm new revit user , pls help me thank

Scott D Davis
2007-09-15, 04:29 AM
Hi Scott Davis
I have some problem when draw shape with wall , can you send for me your Revit samples files.
Thank

I would, but this topic is from Feb 2005...it's over 2.5 years old! I will have to make a new one and post it later.

khoi
2007-09-17, 01:54 AM
Hi Scott Davis
I could do it now , my problem when create family in-place I fiexed it.
Thank you