PDA

View Full Version : 2013 EXPORT INCONSISTENCIES OF FILES WITH LINKS

cr_gixxer
2013-07-19, 11:32 PM
I admittedly don't know much about exporting. I don't give it a second thought, and half the time I won't even look at it before I send it off to consultants. I haven't had any negative feedback up to recently.

When exporting this last project, I am running into some problems. It is a townhouse project where I have "unit type" files linked into a larger set where I compose the blocks, and use design options to toggle between the various options (aka upgrades) the client offers. I use callouts on one of the linked unit files to create my enlarged plans.

The issues that I noticed are that once exported to cad, some of the dimensions were off to the side, but still part of the block. Their placement in modelspace is all over the place

Some things like the block plans came out nice and orderly as expected.

The only thing I think it could be is that the callouts I use for my enlarged plans reference a linked view back to the unit file. These seem to be where the dimension shifts and inconsistent placement happens.
The only other thing I could think of is that it could be that the linked file I am using for my enlarged plan might be rotated 90 deg from the orientation of the "unit type" file?

Has anyone else had trouble exporting cad from files with models linked into it?

scourdx
2013-07-20, 05:38 AM
I only get this issue when I have multiple views place on top of one another on sheet. If you truly want to fix it, I use the CHSPACE command in AutoCAD to switch the dimension to PSPACE and then CHSPACE to switch the dimension to the targeted floor plan view.

cr_gixxer
2013-07-22, 05:24 PM
I don't have multiple views stacked over each other in revit....unless you mean how my callouts are in the same place over the same linked instance of a model, each referencing seperate linked named views in said linked model.

Idon't see how CHSPACE would work......It's not just the modelspace that is incorrect, even the paperspace is wrong in autocad. The revit sheet is correct.

dhurtubise
2013-07-23, 09:11 AM
Which version are you using?

cr_gixxer
2013-07-23, 10:40 PM
Revit 2013, exporting to autocad architecture 2013

cr_gixxer
2014-01-29, 09:52 PM
I wanted to bump this to the top of the thread again, because it is an ongoing problem. I cannot afford the time to fix all the cad files that get exported. Why would only the dimensions get shifted?

Playing around, I noticed a couple things:
-When I export from the "unit type" file everything is ok.
-When I export the sheets with "export views on sheets as external references" checked on, the dimensions are in the correct location , but them I'm left with way too many files to send off to consultants.

jsnyder.68308
2014-01-30, 04:53 PM
I know its a work-around, but if you open the sheets in AutoCAD, you can use eTransmit to quickly bind all the xrefs into the sheets.

cr_gixxer
2014-02-03, 03:34 PM
I've never used eTransmit, but yeah, I was thinking binding would be the workaround.
I may have to bite the bullet with a work around while I continue to look for a solution to this.