PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Details workflow advice needed

thomas.denney836893
2013-07-23, 02:40 PM
I am working on my first project in revit to go into C.D.'s and the cartoon set of details are piling up fast. I am wondering how my workflow compares to other veterans out there and if its not good, maybe some of you could offer some advice.

CURRENT WORKFLOW-
Model> Create Detail View "DETAIL 01"> Annotate "DETAIL 01" with detail components, notes hatches, etc.> place "DETAIL 01" view on sheet.

A lot of the components in the details are similar and items like a storefront mullion need to be placed in each detail view via- ANNOTATE>DETAIL TAB> DETAIL COMPONENT> select component from PROPERTIES drop-down in the open view, and since you really aren't working in model-space like CAD this has been my new workflow to quickly copy/paste identical components between details. Is this the best way or is there a "COPY WITH BASE POINT" type command you can use to grab multiple components from one view and paste them into another?

damon.sidel
2013-07-23, 03:03 PM
Is this the best way or is there a "COPY WITH BASE POINT" type command you can use to grab multiple components from one view and paste them into another?

I leave the bulk of your question to others since I haven't/don't use Revit for CDs a lot (our firm takes projects through DD mostly).

As for a copy-with-base-point, there isn't a direct one. However, if you select a bunch of detail items (components, detail lines, annotations, etc.) in one view, Ctrl-C copy, switch to your other view and Ctrl-V then place it, they will stay selected as a temporary grouping. Before hitting ESC or anything else, choose the Move command to move it into place using whatever logical point on the copied stuff to the view. It's an extra step, but it will be faster than what you describe.

jsteinhauer
2013-07-23, 07:54 PM
Thomas,

I find dragging in Detail Components from the project browser is faster then going though the Tabs. You can also draft up your details in one view, then Duplicate with Detailing and delete the stuff you don't want to show, keeping the master for your detail library.

Cheers,
Jeff S.