PDA

View Full Version : 2014 I thought these stairs would be easy in Revit.....

xzibited377538
2013-07-24, 12:36 PM
or are they? - I just can't seem to figure out how to achieve them.

Alfredo Medina
2013-07-24, 09:59 PM
Stair by component (Revit 2013 or '14). Do the sketch as shown, then do a landing, finish stairs. It does not work with the monolithic type, but with other such as "assembled stair 7 x 11".

Another option is to do it as a generic model, but if you want it as a true stair, this is the way: green lines are boundaries, black lines are risers, blue line is the path. Then the landing is another sketch within the same tool.

Steve_Stafford
2013-07-25, 06:20 AM
It's possible to use Monolithic if you use the Stepped option, really doesn't like the Smooth setting, stair disappears. See the finished and sketch images.

Steve_Stafford
2013-07-25, 08:31 AM
I was doing something else with a Slab Edge and it occurred to me that a Slab Edge might actually provide a cleaner result and be nearly as fast as my previous example. So I tried it...not too shabby...

Left Image = Final result from two angles
Center Image = Section through slab/slab edge and Profile Family (Slab Edge)
Right Image = "Worms eye" view of slab edge "steps" (view from below)

The floor creates the top step so there are three sides to apply the slab edge to. I extended the profile under the slab so join geometry can clean up well. A wall of some sort (concrete) would be under the slab and behind the steps to finish it off.

xzibited377538
2013-07-26, 09:13 AM
Thank you so much Alfredo and Steve - so it seems there is a number of different ways to achieve this, very interesting, awesome. Thanks again. Sarah.