PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Parameter add to schedule... it wont add/??

Bluefairy
2013-07-24, 05:31 PM
I am trying to add a parameter to a window schedule. However every time I try to do this it says it says the parameter already exists. I look to find it but I cant find it.

CADastrophe
2013-07-24, 05:51 PM
Please elaborate: What kind of parameter are you trying to add? How are you trying to add it?

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-07-24, 06:34 PM
After you elaborate keep in mind that some parameter names are 'reserved' by Revit because they are already used by system families and some component families.

dhurtubise
2013-07-25, 07:01 AM
you might be using a Shared Parameters that someone renamed in the Shared Parameter file. Revit really looks at GUID and not the name. Therefore the parameter was first inserted as "Door Number" and then renamed in the file "Door_Number". You might think they are different but not to Revit.

rosskirby
2013-07-25, 01:53 PM
If you're trying to add a parameter like "Comments" to multiple schedule, you'll want to append something like "_Doors" or "_Windows" to the end of the parameter name to distinguish it from the "Comments" parameter in other schedules. You can always delete the suffix in the actual schedule once it's created.

jsteinhauer
2013-07-25, 05:02 PM
Are you working with a Key Schedule? If a parameter is being controlled be another Key Schedule, you will not be able to add it to a new Key Schedule.

Cheers,
Jeff S.