PDA

View Full Version : 2013 reconcile hosting problems

Martin Figlarz
2013-07-24, 07:31 PM
I have a big model with 6 linked models and I am having a hosting issue. I am working in a Master file that contains all the linked models in it and once a day now the room tags, wall tags and door tags lose the hosted elements. As you can see in my pic's I have 155 orphaned elements and I cannot fix these everyday. Am I doing something wrong?

Host1.jpg - shows the tags un-hosted
Host2.jpg - shows all my errors
Host3.jpg - shows fixed once I re-host the door tag one by one

Cheers,
Martin

Steve_Stafford
2013-07-24, 07:42 PM
This is probably happening because you need to reload links before using synchronize with central. When you don't reload links first your local file may not be seeing changes that have occurred in the linked files and that can create a problem for tags and dimensions that are referencing elements in linked files.

This happens the most to teams that have many linked files for their own firm's work versus links from consultants that don't change as often or without notice.

Martin Figlarz
2013-07-25, 01:11 PM
Thanks Steve for the reply... I will let me team know and hopefully avoid this issue in the future.

Cheers,
Martin

dbaldacchino
2013-08-10, 03:26 AM
We're running into this quite frequently on one of our projects and it seems all room tags are constantly getting unhosted. I suspect it has to do with controlling linked files via worksets but I don't believe reloading is fixing the issue (honestly have not tried digging deeper yet, just seeing what discussions are out there about this and here I am!). I'll post back if I find a solution.