PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Grid Elbows and Propigate Extents

rdooley944157
2013-07-25, 08:20 PM
I have set up my column lines in a given sheet and want all of my other columns grids to have the same appearance (in how far out they are pulled, elbow angles, etc.). I want this standard replicated throughout all of my plans (I am working on a high-rise), but I cannot get this to work. I am using the propagate extents tool and it does not seem to be affecting my column lines (I have not used that tool before). I have tried using the Propagate Extents with both the grids set to 2D and 3D to no avail. Anyone know how I can get my grids to show consistently across all sheets and do so in an automated way?

Thanks.

Steve_Stafford
2013-07-25, 09:27 PM
Propagate Extents will usually work fine except when views are altered with their Crop Region. In other words the Crop Region affects grid by either pulling them closer or pushing them farther away from the model information in the view. This alteration means that the grid is "marked" internally as not the same as grids in other views. When that happens Propagate Extents won't interact with them.

dhurtubise
2013-07-26, 07:11 AM
Scope box are exactly designed for that.

Steve_Stafford
2013-07-26, 02:55 PM
Scope boxes affect propagate extents the same way, as soon as the crop region is activated(manually or via a scope box) on the view you'll find the Propagate Extents button doesn't do anything.