PDA

View Full Version : 2014 How do I realign colinear walls without disjoining?

3dway
2013-07-29, 11:03 PM
I have two wall types in line.
One wall type was updated with an additional layer of insulation.
The wall is located at finished face exterior.
It is colinear with another wall which does not get the extra thickness.

After updating my walls with the extra insulation, I need to go in and move or align the adjacent wall so that the cores line up again.

If I align it, it drags the connected wall with it.

If I disjoin it, it deltes all of the dimensions and tags that were associated with it.

How does one do this? I've always wanted to use the align tools for this sort of thing, but I only want to change the position of one wall at a time.

gbrowne
2013-07-30, 10:41 AM
Just wondering: Are the walls aligned the same way, using location line?

Devin_82
2013-07-30, 02:10 PM
I was able to do what you are trying to do by right clicking on the end control of the wall (see arrow on image) and selecting "Disallow Join" then moving the wall without the disjoin button checked. Once it is in place you can right click on the end point again and select "Allow Join".

patricks
2013-07-30, 04:48 PM
You can also try dragging the end of one wall away from the other, align, then drag it back again to connect them.

Devin_82
2013-07-30, 05:14 PM
If I align it, it drags the connected wall with it.

Also, I just tried the regular align and it worked fine for me without dragging the wall. Not sure what I might have done differently other than I am in 2013?

dhurtubise
2013-07-31, 07:12 AM
Devin your right, it works fine. If it doesnt, my guess is that it might be attach to some walls at other levels that are dragging all.