PDA

View Full Version : 2013 VIEW RANGE NOT SHOWING SECTION OF ITEMS SHORTER THEN 6'

thomas.denney836893
2013-08-09, 05:15 PM
I need help on this quick. I have two floor plans, one with a view range set low and another set high to show the change in materials at different heights. Two days ago everything seemed to be showing just fine. Last night I went to work on the lower details and I noticed on the lower plan I was tag my callouts in had changed visually. The cut was no longer showing the hatch of walls being cut that were shorter then 6'. I have no clue what would have changed and after two hours of searching I started fresh with a new file and was able to recreate the abnormality. See pics Does anyone know what may be causing this? You will notice the view range setting are the same in both pics, the only thing that changed was the height of the wall, which is still way above the range.

thomas.denney836893
2013-08-09, 05:35 PM
ok...so this is the "Low Wall" Feature that allows walls under 6' to be considered low walls and are not shown as cut. I found another thread here that talks about it and says there are other threads here that talk about over-ridding it. If you go to the help link below and expand the "Additional View Range Rules" you will get the explanation in the first paragraph and a way to work around it in the second.

This work-around involves setting the wall up to some connected height and then using the Top Offset to achieve the lower height you want while still allowing the wall to be show in section.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/1468-Document1468/1469-2D_Views1469/1470-Plan_Vie1470/1475-View_Ran1475

Once again...Revit doesn't sux, my knowledge of it does!