PDA

View Full Version : 2014 How do I turn off levels from referenced revit file

Bluefairy
2013-08-12, 03:16 AM
I seem to see level heads from a linked revit file even though I have it unchecked in that link file. Sometime I see it and sometimes I dont. How do I turn it off?

cdatechguy
2013-08-12, 04:58 AM
I seem to see level heads from a linked revit file even though I have it unchecked in that link file. Sometime I see it and sometimes I dont. How do I turn it off?
You have to turn it off in every view that the linked file shows up in....this is where View Templates come in handy...

Bluefairy
2013-08-15, 08:09 PM
What I dont understand is why does only one show all the time? The other do not show. I thought maybe it's because I need to open the linked file to turn it off but, I still see it... Also no matter how many times I turn it off in each individual views. once I close off the program and open again, it appears.

Norton_cad
2013-08-16, 03:02 PM
Its probably a locked dimension from one level to another in the source file, or a name duplication of levels.

damon.sidel
2013-08-16, 03:49 PM
When we have linked models, we always enable Worksets in the link. Then you can simply close the Shared Levels and Grids workset in the main model:
http://revitize.blogspot.com/2010/01/turn-off-grids-and-levels-from-linked.html