PDA

View Full Version : 2013 View Title w/ INCORRECT Backreference

shrub78
2013-08-21, 12:22 AM
Hello - I am using a modified interior elevation tag with a hidden pointer to create window elevations with a view reference that appears as a window tag. I am creating these views on my enlarged plans (scale 1:50) and placing these elevation views on my Window Schedule sheet (1:50). However many of these views are incorrectly back referencing my smaller scale key plans (1:100). I have "hidden in view" all the window elevation tags on the 1:100 plans, and I did not create the window elevation views in the 1:100 plans. I actually created the views in the sheets I wanted Revit to use as the back reference.

I was reading through a few threads and they suggested to try recreating the view in the desired reference sheet, hide the tag in the sheet you don't want referenced, then save to central and place the view on the sheet. I tried this and it did not work for me. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or suggest any solutions?

I would be grateful for your help.

Thanks,
Chris, Intern Architect

Norton_cad
2013-08-21, 12:50 AM
Can't you just cycle to the desired entity with the tab key?

shrub78
2013-08-23, 12:00 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Please refer to the attached image for an example of my view title incorrectly referencing the base plan instead of my enlarged plans. 93274

shrub78
2013-08-23, 12:10 AM
Never mind, I figured it out. In the modified elevation view tag the elevation pointer line was invisible. When I 'hide in view' the invisible elevation pointer on my base plans the elevation reference changed to my enlarged plans!