PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Bizzar visibility results

mthurnauer
2013-09-04, 03:01 PM
I have been struggling to figure out why I am getting some strange visibility results on one of my current projects. What I am experiencing is that we have full-building elevations set to 1:100 scale and then callouts for enlarged partial elevations at a 1:50 scale. There are view templates set up to control both scale views. In the overall elevations, Items such as sweeps to form copings, columns covers, and curtainwall mullions all appear correct, however, in my enlarged elevations, these types of items appear transparent, like they are wire frame. I have checked the view template and the enlarged elevations are set to hidden line. I cannot seem to find any explanation for this. Any suggestions?

mthurnauer
2013-09-04, 03:08 PM
One suggestion from a co-worker was to check and see how it prints. It prints correct, but still displays wrong on the screen. This is still very frustrating because it is hard to tell what lines will print and what won't

CADastrophe
2013-09-04, 03:31 PM
Does toggling 'Hardware Acceleration' under Options make a difference? Is your co-worker having this issue, as well?

mthurnauer
2013-09-05, 01:31 PM
My co-worker is having the same issue. It is strange that it is based on either the view scale or the fact that it is a callout an not the original view.

CADastrophe
2013-09-05, 01:37 PM
My co-worker is having the same issue. It is strange that it is based on either the view scale or the fact that it is a callout an not the original view.

Does the problem persist if you change the View Scale of the Callout to match that of the original View?

mthurnauer
2013-09-05, 07:14 PM
Well, I finally solved it and I am not certain what exactly caused the problem. I had switched the enlarged view to use the 1:100 scale template and then turn off the template and change the scale. The view looked correct, so it is not the scale or the detail level. I then made a snapshot of the 1:100 view template settings and worked my way through all of the tabs matching the settings that should remain the same. I think the problem may have been caused by the visibility of a linked file.