PDA

View Full Version : 2013 view templates

MikeJarosz
2013-09-10, 04:38 PM
I have an existing view template for elevation views. My project has links for SMEP. The elevations have already been created and put on sheets. I have decided to revise the template to turn off grids and levels in the SMEP links. When I updated the template, it didn't update the views. I thought this was fixed in R2013. Or am I doing something wrong?

CADastrophe
2013-09-10, 04:45 PM
It should be working correctly provided that:

1. The View is indeed linked to the appropriate View Template

2. The "V/G Overrides RVT Link" Display Settings is set to "By Host View" or the Grids/Levels were turned off here.

3. The "Include" checkbox is checked for the appropriate settings under the 'Apply View Template' dialog.

patricks
2013-09-10, 05:06 PM
Under Identity Data, the View Template has to be set to your Elevation template. This also disables the V/G override dialog box. You can apply a template to a view (indeed, you could just apply the template to your elevation views again), but the views won't dynamically update with View Template updates unless your view is actually set to be controlled directly by that template.

I thought this was a new feature in 2014, is it not? Direct view control by templates, that is.

CADastrophe
2013-09-10, 05:15 PM
I thought this was a new feature in 2014, is it not? Direct view control by templates, that is.

View Template Linking was implemented in Revit 2013.

MikeJarosz
2013-09-10, 07:04 PM
I did something wrong. Somehow I turned off link levels but not link grids in the template. After checking all the possible places to turn things off, I went back to the template and discovered the grids were still on. I clicked 'em off. Problem solved. :Oops:

The are so many places to check visibility. The number of possible on/off settings are 2^n and only one will work.

In NYC it is very common for an apartment to have 3 door locks. It's funny to watch someone trying to get in who hasn't mastered the trick of getting all 3 open at the same time. The combos are 2^3 = 8 possible combos. Try that after a night on the town.:beer: