PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Schedule room area in a window schedule

rudolfweyers346383
2013-09-17, 07:32 AM
I've created a window schedule which includes all the values for calculating conductance and solar heat gain of each window as per our local building regulations. In order for me to check that these values complies, I need to work out the (total internal floor area x conductance constant) and (total floor area x solar heat gain constant). The constant parameters is easy to add. But to calculate the floor area inside the window schedule is not possible it seems. I can add the volume of a room under the from room section, but not area. Is there any way around this, or will I have to do it manually?

damon.sidel
2013-09-17, 01:38 PM
It wouldn't be completely automated, but since you have access to the room volume field in the schedule, why not use a calculated value and just divide by the floor-to-ceiling height? You might be able to use this add-in http://apps.case-inc.com/content/free-migrate-parameter-parameter to copy the room area to a shared parameter. That shared parameter could then be used in your schedule. Don't know if that would work, but perhaps worth looking into.