PDA

View Full Version : Usage Poll - How often do you login?

jbalding48677
2005-02-23, 11:56 AM
In an attept to show others the value and establish the possibility of a user getting an answer here, please tell us how often you check or login into the AUGI.com Revit Forums

Scott_Bloss
2005-02-23, 12:04 PM
I try to log in at least three times a day and check the instant e-mail notifcation when responding to questions which allows me to know when someone else has responded or has additional questions.

Martin P
2005-02-23, 01:11 PM
All of the above - it depends how busy I am!!!

noah
2005-02-23, 02:17 PM
I leave the augi browser open every time I'm working in Revit for the entire duration. I suspect that usage will go down over time as I climb the learning curve.

Scott D Davis
2005-02-23, 05:07 PM
I only login rarely.....once a week, maybe :wink: Actually, I'm logged in almost all day long, and usually into the evening. I'll check messages in the morning, and then every once in a while during the day. When I get home, I'll log in again and check to see what's going on.

J. Grouchy
2005-02-23, 05:38 PM
I only login rarely.....once a week, maybe :wink: Actually, I'm logged in almost all day long, and usually into the evening. I'll check messages in the morning, and then every once in a while during the day. When I get home, I'll log in again and check to see what's going on.

Hence the 2200+ posts... ;)

Scott D Davis
2005-02-23, 05:43 PM
Hence the 2200+ posts... ;)
I can't help it! I'm addicted to Revit, and I'm really passoinate about helping others get addicted to Revit.......oh ****! <revalation!> I'm a Revit Junkie!

cadkiller
2005-02-23, 05:49 PM
I would like to know who is the top poster of this forum.
I think it is Beegee; but I'm not sure.
It would be nice to have a post ranking system for all the AUGI & Revit junkies!

Steve_Stafford
2005-02-23, 05:53 PM
I would like to know who is the top poster of this forum.
I think it is Beegee; but I'm not sure.and you'd be right, far and away the top poster...

If you click the Members List link, then click the Posts column header, you get a member list sorted by post count.

It would be very nice if we could see how many new Revit using members we get and how many we already have. It is something that remains on our forum wishlist. One thing that would help is if each member, using Revit or just interested, joined the Revit group. See attached images for group membership info...Click the Control Panel link

Oh...I just log in once a day.....at 7am, then log off at midnight :screwy:

Scott D Davis
2005-02-23, 05:58 PM
It would be nice to have a post ranking system for all the AUGI & Revit junkies!

Try this link:

http://forums.augi.com/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30&ltr=

J. Grouchy
2005-02-23, 06:00 PM
hehe...beegee has been a member twice as long as me, yet has posted around 11 or 12 times as much as me. when does he have time to actually USE Revit?

MikeJarosz
2005-02-23, 07:14 PM
2 or 3 times a day --- So many users are scattered around different time zones, there's usually something new to look at every few hours.

BillyGrey
2005-02-23, 07:18 PM
I usually check in first thing in the morning, when I have a slow save going, during a file open, when I stretch, before I get up to stretch, etc., etc., etc.

Funny, "sometimes" = 3-4 per day. If I worked for a firm, and my boss asked how much time do I spend on Augi, and I said "I log on sometimes"; he'd prolly think "3-4 times a week isn't too bad"...

Well, this forum is a never ending educational resource for me. Absolutely invaluable.

Gotta love it.

Steve_Stafford
2005-02-23, 07:26 PM
I usually check in first thing in the morning, when I have a slow save going, during a file open, when I stretch, before I get up to stretch, etc., etc., etc.I've actually joked that we need to make sure STC doesn't get too fast...so I can check in at the Forums...:screwy:

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-02-23, 07:35 PM
I can't help it! I'm addicted to Revit, and I'm really passoinate about helping others get addicted to Revit.......oh ****! <revalation!> I'm a Revit Junkie!
I believe that makes you a pusher Scott :shock:
Check in at least 5-6 times a day and often leave things open most of the day. Whenever instructing others in Revit lesson 1 is always "forget what you did in AutoCAD" Lesson 2 - make sure the link to AUGI Forums is in your browser favorites. Always a great resource.

hand471037
2005-02-23, 08:11 PM
Try this link:

http://forums.augi.com/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30&ltr=

Right on! Number 13 baby! Yeah! I'm going right to the top! :D

Serously tho, hitting a thousand posts was a little bit of a moment for me. I think I'll go look at my first one from years ago...

Danny Polkinhorn
2005-02-23, 08:31 PM
http://forums.augi.com/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30&ltr= (http://forums.augi.com/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30&ltr=)

I'm on page 9. :? My 3-4 logins a day qualifies me as a serious lurker. With all the great help here, most of my questions have already been answered!

J. Grouchy
2005-02-23, 08:41 PM
Right on! Number 13 baby! Yeah! I'm going right to the top! :D

Serously tho, hitting a thousand posts was a little bit of a moment for me. I think I'll go look at my first one from years ago...

I'm on page 2...respectable. Not an addict, but a heavy social user.

hand471037
2005-02-23, 08:49 PM
I'm on page 2...respectable. Not an addict, but a heavy social user.

uh... being on the first page there isn't something I'm proud of. I should be spending all this AUGI time on other things! ;)

Clyne Curtis
2005-02-23, 11:49 PM
Wooo Hooo! I'm on page 6 baby! I wanna be a page 3'r when I grow up!!

Clyne

stuntmonkee
2005-02-24, 12:29 AM
its funny, i look through those avatars and theres so many that make me think. . . 'Hey, where'd that guy go? Haven't seen that avatar in a while"

BillyGrey
2005-02-24, 12:48 AM
That Member List is a real eye opener.
On average, all the big posters are Revit addicts (and pushers ;) )

What a great community.

See what CZ started? !!!

hand471037
2005-02-24, 01:01 AM
See what CZ started? !!!

Actually, a lot of us (Chris Included) used to post to the Revit Newsgroup in pre-Autodesk days. After the buyout, the newsgroup server got really slow & kinda clunky when it was moved into Autodesk, and right around that time is when Chris set up the ZD forum, so most everyone moved on over to the much nicer ZD forums...

Thanks again to Zoog for taking his personal time to set that up. I don't know how I would have survived without the forum!

beegee
2005-02-24, 03:19 AM
I'm not sure how this poll is going to supply useful data.

Consider this.

Case 1.

User A logs in each morning and out each night.
Number of log-ons = 1.
Time logged on = 9 hours.
Threads read = some.
Posts made = few.

Case 2.

User B logs in at different times during the day.
Number of log-ons = 6
Time logged on = 3 hours.
Threads read = all.
Posts made = some.

Case 3 = Case 2 data, Case 1 log-ins
Case 4 = Case 1 data, Case 2 log-ins.

So what does the number of log-ons tell you ?

Scott D Davis
2005-02-24, 06:15 AM
I answered "more than 10 times" even though its not a 'login' every time.....more like "number of times visited."

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-02-24, 07:33 AM
That's the way I interpretted it too Scott. Maybe the poll should ask how many times a day you 'check' in.

ppelegrin
2005-02-24, 07:38 AM
Hmmm,

I'm not sure I agree with the descriptions next to ratings. I would call myself a regular 'visitor' up to once every day, but this option makes me a rare user...

Regards
P Pelegrin

jbalding48677
2005-02-24, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure how this poll is going to supply useful data.

Consider this.

Case 1.

User A logs in each morning and out each night.
Number of log-ons = 1.
Time logged on = 9 hours.
Threads read = some.
Posts made = few.

Case 2.

User B logs in at different times during the day.
Number of log-ons = 6
Time logged on = 3 hours.
Threads read = all.
Posts made = some.

Case 3 = Case 2 data, Case 1 log-ins
Case 4 = Case 1 data, Case 2 log-ins.

So what does the number of log-ons tell you ?My point was to show our users over here (London) the likelihood of someone out there (AUGI) answering a question i.e. Number of Users x Number of Logins = Total Hits. The higher the total hits the higher the possibility of an quick answer... In addition to this, we were in a user training session and I needed to show them how to use AUGI... (I was equating logins to times opened/viewed... not the literal login)*

* I should have added the disclaimer "THIS IS NOT A SCIENTIFIC POLL, RESULTS MAY VARY 10.693 - 12.341%"

jbalding48677
2005-02-24, 09:33 AM
I answered "more than 10 times" even though its not a 'login' every time.....more like "number of times visited."
That's the way I interpretted it too Scott. Maybe the poll should ask how many times a day you 'check' in.
Hmmm,

I'm not sure I agree with the descriptions next to ratings. I would call myself a regular 'visitor' up to once every day, but this option makes me a rare user... OK, so I messed up, I'll get over it... ;)

- JB

P.S. The title is incorrect, the actual question is "How often do you login/check the AUGI.com Revit Forums" Thank you very much. Boy, I am full of P and V this morning!!! ;)

beegee
2005-02-24, 09:35 AM
Ok.

I think the possibility of a quick answer is amply demonstrated by real time use. :wink: ( I really don't know of any other forum in any other technical field that responds as fast as this one )

If the question has been clearly stated ( and illustrated if necessary ) then the likelihood of a fast and accurate response is greatly enhanced.

jbalding48677
2005-02-24, 09:41 AM
Ok.

I think the possibility of a quick answer is amply demonstrated by real time use. :wink: ( I really don't know of any other forum in any other technical field that responds as fast as this one )

If the question has been clearly stated ( and illustrated if necessary ) then the likelihood of a fast and accurate response is greatly enhanced.
OK, I am going to put an end to all this. We posted the question at the beginning of the training session, and an hour and a half later we had 18 responses. So, my point to the class was that we had, on average, 1 user view/login every 5 minutes. So class, there is your proof that you should sign up for AUGI and use it as a resource.

Experiment finished thank you for your time...